3.6

Have you seen Dr. Nicole E Burns?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Respecting Your Patients

I've been a client of Dr. Burns' clinic for about two years now. I started with another doctor but was assigned to her after he quit. She never met with me, but month after month I saw her PA. I'm on a low dose opioid that I've taken for over 6 years. Federal law doesn't allow this to be prescribed for more than a month at a time. My previous doctor would post-date prescriptions or let me have "window appointments" (where I just picked up the script) so as to save me the cost of monthly office visits. This also helped work around my business travel schedule. After he left, Dr. Burns refused to allow this any more. So have to arrange my travel around her PA's appointment availability. And I pay a $60 co-pay, plus whatever my insurance pays. Spending less than 10 minutes with the PA each month, it's a good money-making venture for Dr. Burns! Yesterday (Friday), the PA was off, so I finally got to meet Dr. Burns for the very first time. I told her I am leaving for Africa Wednesday and needed to make sure my prescription was in hand before I left. She said she'd sent it to Walgreen's electronically. I went to Walgreen's last night and picked up other prescriptions, but the opioid pain script was not there. I talked to the pharmacist this morning and it seems Dr. Burns sent it over Friday, but with instructions not to fill it until next week. She never mentioned this delay when I was sitting in front of her. Walgreen's also said the script is "on hold" and I have to call next week to initiate having it filled on or after the date that Dr. Burns authorized. Why is this my problem? Why could Dr. Burns not take responsibility for setting appropriate expectations with her patients? This is not the first time I have felt disrespected and taken advantage of at this pain clinic. This is just more evidence of the fact that they don't care about me, aren't invested in my health, and have zero respect for me..

thoughtful

Very little wait time, good staff. Dr. Burns explained everything very well and I feel like she made progress that 5 other physicians couldn't do for me. I highly recommend this practice

Keep moving

Dr Burns is condescending and doesn’t care about your pain. Her remarks were, “ I’m conservative because I worry about my license”. My pain doesn’t care about your license. Maybe you shouldn’t be in PAIN MANAGEMENT if you don’t want to help people in pain!!! Couldn’t even make an appt to see doc when my back went out and unable to walk for a week. The office manager said she would not schedule an appt for me until Dr Burns decides what to do, three days later and haven’t heard back. Don’t even waist your time here. All Dr Burns wants to do is epidural injections to bill insurance so she can collect the most money, she could care less about your pain! I hope and pray she never has to experience severe pain! May God have mercy on your soul!

Very kind

She actually took the time to explain everything to me during the visit - it is so hard to find a doctor that actually does this anymore!

Dr. Nicole E Burns is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.