Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicole Carlberg has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 17
This lady is nuts! I went in for my 1st appt. I waited 1.5 hrs. When she finally saw me,I didn't want to sign away my HIPPA rights. She became argumentative and defensive. She became very angry and after 15 minutes she told me to "reschedule". Not once did she ask me why I was there. When I tried to make another appointment, she and her secretary were rude and angry. The doc called to tell me I wasn't a fit for her! I'm 63 years old and I've never had a doctor that didn't want to help me! Idiot!
Dr Carlberg has been my first psychiatrist and she has really instilled a lot of faith in the psychiatric profession. She listens to me and her wonderful personality puts me at ease. She is genuinely concerned and is actually trying to help. She's willing to change meds as needed and take my concerns into account. She's amazing and I recommend her fully. How many people can say they have a psychiatrist that doesn't make them feel like they're crazy?!?!
Dr. Carlberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kootenai Medical Center
Dr. Nicole Carlberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nicole Carlberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coeur D Alene, ID.