Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicoleta Coconcea
Dr. Nicoleta Coconcea, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Coconcea is affiliated with Christiana Care Health System - Wilmington Hospital, Cambridge Health Alliance : Whidden and McLean Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nicoleta Coconcea has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I had been dealing with a lot in life and was having a hard time. She acurately diagnosed me with depression and anxiety. We had to try a few different medications but finally found the right combo. Things are definitely looking up. I did have to wait for a little bit in the waiting room but it was definitely worth it. I highly recommend her!
Dr. Coconcea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christiana Care Health System - Wilmington Hospital
Cambridge Health Alliance : Whidden
Somerville Hospital - Outpt
27 Years Experience
Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Nicoleta Coconcea accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristiana Care Health System - Wilmington Hospital, 501 W 14th St, Wilmington, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicoleta Coconcea in this video.
Dr. Nicoleta Coconcea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.