Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicolette C Fontaine
Dr. Nicolette C Fontaine, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chestnut Hill, MA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Fontaine is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital and Quincy Mental Health Center. Dr. Fontaine has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Nicolette C Fontaine has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
She is an awful doctor with no regard for the patient's well being. She wrote me a fake prescription after telling me my medication could be subscribed. She was a full hour late and when she finally arrived her first words were, "I don't know why you are here to see me." ...maybe because you're my doctor? She insisted that a scribe sit in on our appointment, makes me think that she has been in trouble before. I will never recommend her as a doctor nor will i be returning. I have decided to file a formal complaint because her lack of professionalism and rude demeanor was insulting and intolerable.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Fontaine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Nicolette C Fontaine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarvard Vanguard Medical Associates, 291 Independence Dr, Chestnut Hill, MA
Dr. Nicolette C Fontaine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.