Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicolisa D Massie has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
Showing 5 of 12
First was Ms. Personality at the receptionist desk that took 30 minutes while I stood & waited for her to get my info in the system. After an hour wait I saw the Dr. who basically told me to stop drinking sodas & drink more water. I am 24 years old & have blood in my urine. She wants to do a scope & brushes it off with uncomfortable, but not so bad. I am a nursing student, so I go back to research and talk to people who have had this done. ALL have said it was awful, painful, after effects etc. NOT EVER GOING BACK HERE..
The entire staff is probably the most pleasant that I have ever dealt with. I have had 20+ doctors appt in the past five months and they are by far the best to deal with. I was called back right at my appt time and they young lady scheduling appts was very willing to work with me and check several dates. As for as Dr. Massie, she was great to not jump on doing unnecessary test. As far as placing the pace make like device to help with my bladder, she wanted to try all other avenues before taking such a major step. Very efficent and friendly staff!
Dr. Massie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Nicolisa D Massie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrology Centers Of Alabama Pc, 3485 Independence Dr, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Nicolisa D Massie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.