Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nieva Duque-Salva
Dr. Nieva Duque-Salva, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE. She has 46 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Duque-Salva is affiliated with Christiana Hospital, St Francis Hospital and Wilmington Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nieva Duque-Salva has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Dr. Duque has been my ob/gyn for over 20 years. She is sharp as a tack! She delivered my two kids and has cared for me since 1995. I love her! I feel like she treats me like an adult during my visit. When you have questions and need more time to talk, she is available. Her staff is competent and professional. I have never had a bad experience in this practice. Take ownership of you healthcare and be frank with your providers about your needs and you will get the results you want/need. Let's face it, pelvis exams are not anyone's favorite thing, and I don't expect to like it. What I do expect is for my doctor to know what she is doing and that is what you will get with Dr. Duque (The Duke).
She was very rushed, gave rough and forceful physical examinations and discouraged discussions of circumstances that may be exacerbating existing conditions. The office staff is uninformed, pushy and disorganized. I tried to schedule an appointment because I was experiencing major pain that kept me from going to work, but the office staff tried to prevent me from scheduling an appointment until I had results from tests the doctor ordered but later admitted were unnecessary on a subsequent visit. They wouldn't let me leave the office without scheduling a visit six months out, never gave any sorts of reminders and charged a fee for not making the appointment.
Horrible experience. Both visits, she completely ignored my concerns, dismissed all of my issues as being "natural", without even so much as letting me finish a sentence. I am now on my second type of birth control that she has prescribed, abd yet again, my hair is falling out a rapid rate, as it was before. I had tried to tell her that the level or hormones in the BC was the cause of hair loss, and she told me I was wrong and that is was natural; it was not. I know my body better than any doctor, and for her to rush through my appointment and treat me like a moron because I am not a doctor, is completely unacceptable. I am a very smart, intuitive person, and when something is wrong, I expect my doctor to listen. If you value your health, look for a different doctor who actually listens and cares.
Dr. Duque-Salva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Francis Hospital
Christiana Care Health System
46 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1967
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Nieva Duque-Salva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNieva T Duque MD PA, 1010 N Bancroft Pkwy, Wilmington, DE
Dr. Nieva Duque-Salva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.