Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nieves L Hornbeck has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Nieves L Hornbeck has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
You often find yourself in for a long wait even when you're on time for any medical appointment at the Willimantic Generations. The medical assistant is very nice and completes her tasks quickly and in a courteous manner. Then the wait begins... When the doctor finally arrives she does not care what you have to say. She asks questions in a rude manner, cutting off your answers. I keep requesting a different doctor but they say I have to see her. She is very rude and prejudiced against white people. She insults me, does not address any of my concerns, does not listen and spends most of my visits on the computer working on other patient's charts. The only type of treatment/assessment she has given me to date is that she placed a stethoscope on my chest, back, and abdomen. So how can she treat me if she doesn't look in my ears or throat? My friend who is an APRN palpitated my throat/neck when I told her I had pain there and she said my glands were swollen and I have a goiter and recommended I see my PCP. So I told this to Ms. Hornbeck and she said I was fine and there was no problem. How would she know? She has yet to touch my neck/throat or even look in my mouth! She simply does not care and has absolutely NO bedside manner. I'm getting a new doctor.
No, I would not choose this doctor again! The first visit consisted of a wait of over an hour while she dealt with patients on the phone! She did give me free samples to help our financial situation. I did not like the way she seemed to do most of the talking and very litlle listening. I requested to see someone else, but I was told I was seeing her again after I arrived for my appointment. The wait time wasn't so long, but she couldn't find the results of blood work she had ordered. She got a copy of the blood work after taking about a minute to listen to my heart and lungs. When she reentered the room, she handed me the papers and when I went to ask her about the arthritis that is now causing deformities in my fingers, she told me she didn't have time to hear anymore and when I asked about the blood work results I was told that if I wanted to discuss them with her I could make another appointment. I told her I didn't want another appointment with her after being told she didn't have the time to hear anymore because she had other patients to see. I reminded her that the time before she left me waiting more than an hour while she dealt with patients on the phone. She then said that she was only allowed 15 minutes per patient and she was sorry, but she didn't have time to deal me or my issues and walked away! I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone! I don't think Generations did a very good thing by bringing her into their practice!
Dr. Hornbeck is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Nieves L Hornbeck accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Charter Oak Health Center, 21 Grand St Ste 1, Hartford, CT
Dr. Nieves L Hornbeck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.