Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nikesh M Batra
Dr. Nikesh M Batra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Westerville, OH. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Batra is affiliated with Marion General Hospital and Fairfield Medical Center. Dr. Batra has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Nikesh M Batra has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Nikesh M Batra has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Nikesh M Batra has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nikesh M Batra is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 27
I seen this doctor total of 4 times and had to go through heck in order for him to even talk to me. This guy doesn't look at me would not listen to me I had a mound of paperwork in what kind of shape I was in he still would not take my work he is a waste of time and money please do not attempt to see this idiot he made me worse with injections and would not even care his office stay lost numerous paperwork a day our very rude look elsewhere he will care about pain and tell u to ice it it's way to late for that it's. He acts like it's a dang emergency room and rushes out not even a goodbye or hand shack
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Batra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Sawai Man Singh Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Nikesh M Batra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNikesh M Batra Md, 484 County Line Rd W Ste 130, Westerville, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nikesh M Batra in this video.
Dr. Nikesh M Batra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westerville, OH.