Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nikki R Waddell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 39
As a patient and a Registered Nurse, I have experienced terse encounters with other Providers before but Dr. Waddellâs presentation was a bare display of rude, insensitive, and demeaning behavior. Her inability to remain objective led to the exposure of her personal biases and ultimately a deliberate assault on my right to courteous and respectful care. Negative facial expressions, tone of voice in delivery of information, and various disrespectful quips accompanied almost every assessment during my physical exam. After the exam when I voiced my concern to Dr. Waddell, she attempted to pervert my perceptionâcalling it a booking issue caused by her staff leading to ill-conceived expectations on my part. The only expectation I had prior to that visit was to meet and establish care with the Doctor who would become my Primary Care Provider. In retrospect, I suppose that was an ill-conceived expectation.
Because Dr. Waddell's staff is so unprofessional, it made me doubt her ability to have sound judgement overall. I've seen her reprimand staff in front of patients, and her staff has made so many mistakes I can't even count. They are not proactive and don't take your urgent requests seriously. They don't return calls and they forget to do things you ask of them. Dr. Waddell herself is personable enough, but if you need to get information from her regarding blood or lab work, you have to pay $25 to get it over the phone. And when she does call, it might be two hours later than the scheduled time with no apology of explanation for her tardiness.
I have followed Dr. Waddell from Woodbridge to Alexandria because I really like her as a primary care provider. I feel that she is attentive to my needs and takes time to explain things. I scheduled two appointments in the past two weeks for an office visit and for a sonogram and both times my waiting time was minimal (about 15 minutes). I was able to leave a urine sample and a staff member took blood samples. The staff was attentive and I was satisfied that my medical needs had been met. I received my lab results over the phone within a couple of days. I have also scheduled my physical for March. From past experience, she's very thorough during physicals, asking questions about relevant issues some doctors don't seem concerned about. I'm so glad that Dr. Waddell's practice is successful. I also like that she engages in events that give back to the community. I recently attended a volunteer event with my children that she co-sponsored and we're looking forward to more. I highly recommend Dr. Waddell as a primary care provider.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Waddell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Nikki R Waddell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKingstowne Internal Medicine, 5901 Kingstowne Village Pkwy, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nikki R Waddell in this video.
Dr. Nikki R Waddell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.