Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nilay R Shah has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Nutritional Support
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Preventive Medicine
- Headache Disorders
Showing 5 of 13
Visiting Dr. Shah set me on a greatly improved and energized path to healing. He is a good listener, understanding, compassionate, open-minded, and knowledgeable. He gave me excellent advice addressing all angles of coping with my complex back injury. I am extremely thankful as I now continue to progress.
All I could say is Dr. Shah is a fantastic doctor. He goes over everything with you, so you could understand exactly what is going on with your condition. Has a wonderful bed side manner, makes you feel very comfortable. I will recommend everybody who needs a.. neurologist to him without a doubt....!
I found that Dr. Shah really spent time with me, and even admitted he didn't have all the answers to my medical condition, but that we would work together to make me better. I'm glad I finally found a doctor I can truly trust.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Nilay R Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nilay R Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.