Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nilesh H Baxi MD
Dr. Nilesh H Baxi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hazleton, PA, with another office in Mountain Top, PA. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Nilesh H Baxi has 2 locations
359 S Mountain Blvd Ste C2
Mountain Top, PA 18707
Dr. Nilesh H Baxi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Nilesh H Baxi has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh H Baxi - Posted on March 20th, 2018
I have been seeing Dr. Baxi since 2007. He has worked very hard for me. e suggests when i need to see a counselor and has several available. he is not a primary counselor but listens. i believe his concerns are medication focused. If you are not happy with him ask the right questions. Thank You Dr. Baxi
poor is a compliment
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh H Baxi - Posted on December 31st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh H Baxi - Posted on May 11th, 2016
find another doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh H Baxi - Posted on January 8th, 2015
Dr. Baxi spends about 3 minutes with me. When I try to explain things, I know he isn't listening. He justs says uhuh ok. Terrible! Hands me my script and see you next month- only to get my money. I dont need to see him monthly. All he does is hand a script. My last visit I had 5 minutes with him. Wow! Only because he kept telling me my insurance didn't pay him for 2 visits. He got very vocal about that. Once I got home and spoke with my insurance co., they stated he was paid. His wife, who does the insurance claims should probably get a new job!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh H Baxi - Posted on March 3rd, 2013
I have been a patient of his since May 2012 and I have never felt better. I went from being on 5 medications with Dr. Sperazza (don't waste your time with her at all) to 3 medications that actually work without turning me into a zombie. I usually wait only 10 minutes to see Dr. Baxi compared to the AT LEAST 30 minute wait with Sperazza. I don't spend much time talking with Dr. Baxi but he does have several counselors in his Mountaintop office if you feel you need someone to talk to. I'm very satisfied with my treatment and I would recommend him to anyone.
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. Nilesh H Baxi Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nilesh H Baxi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hazleton, PA.