Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nilesh C Patel has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nilesh C Patel has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. Nilesh C Patel has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nilesh C Patel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Extremely bad temper and very unprofessional. Do not raise complaints or concerns with this nephrologist or pay the price of retaliation or discharge from your dialysis clinic. Currently works for Chattanooga Kidney Center in Cleveland, TN and Dialysis Clinic, Inc. in Hixson, TN where as medical directors. Avoid this bad doctor, there are many good ones to choose from other than Dr. Patel.
This "doctor" encourages family members to let their patients die. His philosophy, as stated by him, is that dialysis is not for preserving life but for quality of life. Maybe something to that, but he has encouraged many people I know, with a lot of life left, to throw in the towel and just die. He is impossible to reach, even under emergency situations. He is a disgrace to his profession.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNephrology Associates, 251 N Lyerly St Ste 100, Chattanooga, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nilesh C Patel in this video.
Dr. Nilesh C Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.