Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia has 3 locations
171 Ashley Ave
Charleston, SC 29425
1025 Morehead Medical Dr Ste 300
Charlotte, NC 28204
1025 Morehead Medical Dr Ste 300
Charlotte, NC 28204
Book Online Now
Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia has the following 11 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 6
Still waiting to hear from him
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia - Posted on August 16th, 2018
Dr Lodhia removed 4 polyps including a large 15 mm one 12 days ago. Ended up with a GI bleed and in the ICU for a couple of days. Tried calling the number on the discharge papers when I started bleeding, but they were for MUSC in Charleston and no one could help. The ICU notified him that I was admitted. I have now found a correct number and left a message asking for my pathology. I have never heard from him or had any contact at all from him or his office since my colonoscopy. Who treats a patient like this????
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia - Posted on July 25th, 2018
Was referred to him while he was at MUSC, and now that he's moved on to Charlotte, I'm about to follow him to Charlotte. I will miss Charleston though. He is an excellent physician. Wait times are not ordinarily long. Very knowledgeable, polite and easygoing. In my experience he doesn't try to upsell you. Tells you what he thinks, gives you some options and goes from there. I was disgusted when I thought I had to find a new doctor. Thank God I located him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia - Posted on May 25th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia - Posted on April 6th, 2016
My appointment was rescheduled 4 times in a year to accommodate Dr. Lodhia's changing schedule. On two previous appointments Dr. Lodhia stood in the doorway for a few minutes and chatted and then moved on to his next patient. I drove two hours to see the doctor and then waited 1 hr. and 47 minutes in the examining room.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia - Posted on September 23rd, 2013
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
- Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nilesh I Lodhia is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.