Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Nilofar H Islam
Dr. Nilofar H Islam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Midland, MI, with another office in Midland, MI. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Islam is affiliated with Henry Ford Macomb, Mclaren Macomb Hospital and Hills And Dales General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nilofar H Islam has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nilofar H Islam has the following 7 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Clinical Research
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Dr. Nilofar H Islam has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 11
I had a pacemaker implant at another location but due to travel time and hazards during winter months, I wnated something closer to home. Dr. Islam was supposed to make some minor adjustments to my pacemaker programming but shut off the bottom driver which nearly cost me my life. I was sick to the point I was vomitting violently for nearly a week, even though another doctor in the facility corrected the issue on the third day because my body was so disrupted during that time , it took a few more days to return to normal. She actually told me that I know nothing about the way the heart and pacemakers work because I was not a doctor. She also stated that no one in the world needs programming in the pacemaker to ensure the bottom chamber of the heart beats normally. ( in fact, about .5% of the people in the US who have pacemakers actually have this option). I had told her not to change that and let her modify other items only after she promised not to change this. When she got done, I told her I did not feel good and she told me it was just my body adjusting to the lower pacing rate of the pacemaker. I did not make it home from the office before I had to pull over and vomit 3 different times. She refused to change this back and I had to threaten a law suit to get the group to schedule me with a doctor who would fix the issue.
Dr. Islam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Nilofar H Islam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nilofar H Islam, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Midland, MI, in this video.
Dr. Nilofar H Islam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Midland, MI.