Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nima Patel
Dr. Nima Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hartford, CT, with other offices in Newark, DE and Newark, DE . She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Christiana Care Health Services, St Francis Hospital & Medical Center and Hartford Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nima Patel has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I went for a visit today with my baby, Hoping to see her regular doctor Matthew Warren, instead they gave me this doctor, my daughter was not feeling well, her chest was congested and not feeling well. Doctor told me there was nothing wrong. I explained to her it comes and goes but at times she cannot breather. I had to basically argue with her to get some sort of medication. She was already flustered because I didn't buy her diagnosis. She said if it gets to bad take her to the ER. I said well, I am trying to avoid that, is there anything else you can recommend? She flipped out, started to raise her voice at me and my 9 month old and raising her arms, telling me she just explained to me the baby was not sick... I was so shocked, I told her "there's no need for you to get upset with me. She said she was not getting upset, so then I told her then why are you raising your voice at me when I am just asking you a question. She yelled she was sorry and stormed outta the room. Needless to say I am already looking for a new doctor.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christiana Care Health Services
St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital
Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
Nima Patel, MD
Warren Pediatrics, L.L.C.
Saint Francis Hospital And Medical Center, Hartford CT
St. Francis Hospital
41 Years Experience
Lady Hardinge Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Nima Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nima Patel in this video.
Dr. Nima Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hartford, CT.