Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nimali E Fernando MD
Dr. Nimali E Fernando, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spotsylvania, VA. Her specialties include Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Nimali E Fernando has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Nimali E Fernando has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Nimali E Fernando is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nimali E Fernando - Posted on January 15th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nimali E Fernando - Posted on July 7th, 2011
Best doctor ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nimali E Fernando - Posted on March 12th, 2011
Worst Doctor EVER
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nimali E Fernando - Posted on October 16th, 2010
After waiting over an hour, this doctor proceeded to try to scare me (according to the nurse) into an unwanted treatment for my daughter. She was rude and tried to be authoritative. Plus, she intentionally lied to me. She doesn't understand that she works for the patient. She believes that patients need to report to her, and blindly obey. When I began to ask questions, she left without answering any of them. Her response was basically that a good mother wouldn't question her. Clearly, she believes that doctors know all, and the parents' decisions shouldn't matter.
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Nimali E Fernando Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNIMALIE E FERNANDO MD, 10482 Georgetown Dr, Spotsylvania, VA
Dr. Nimali E Fernando is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Spotsylvania, VA.