Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nimish S Dharia
Dr. Nimish S Dharia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Nuclear Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Dharia is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Dharia has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Nimish S Dharia has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Nimish S Dharia has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
Dr. Nimish S Dharia is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nimish S Dharia - Posted on April 22nd, 2012
Dr. Dharia's New Hyde Park office staff is amazingly efficient and the care received from him as well as his staff is excellent. This practice is efficient, caring and to be commended. The office is very busy, but as a patient, I never felt rushed, and I most certainly felt I was in good hands, confident that I was receiving the best of care at all times. Follow-up was timely and personalized. I would definitely recommend Dr. Dahlia as a terrific cardiologist.
DOCTOR DHARIA, PROFESSIONAL, CARING AND SPENDS TIME WITH PATIENT
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nimish S Dharia - Posted on February 18th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dharia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1997
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Nimish S Dharia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNORTH SHORE CARDIAC IMAGING, 2035 Lakeville Rd Ste 104, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nimish S Dharia, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in New Hyde Park, NY, in this video.
Dr. Nimish S Dharia is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.