Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nina R Horowitz has the following 1 specialty
- Inguinal Hernia
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 11
Less than 7 years ago I needed emergency (life or death) surgery. I am single with no family.I was so ill I had no idea what was going on sudenly I was being told we need to operate....NOW !Somehow, on a holiday weekend, I had the profound luck that someone called for this amazing Doctor to operate on me.Every word I am typing was made possible by this outstanding doctor. The title of this review says it all.
Always the professional, Dr. Horowitz is compassionate and caring. She certainly goes the extra mile to see her patients get what they need. I watched this little spitfire of a doctor climb a footstool and scrub with the nurses to prep me for surgery. She came highly recommended to me by nurses who knew her quality and compassion and this is how I would recommend her to any who need breast care/surgery. She is a godsend for women with breast issues.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1979
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Nina R Horowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYale New Haven Hospital, 20 York St, New Haven, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nina R Horowitz in this video.
Dr. Nina R Horowitz is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New Haven, CT.