Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nina K Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Nina K Smith has the following 14 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Adolescent Medicine
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Nina K Smith has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nina K Smith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I have been a patient of Dr. Smith for years. Dr. Smith is the most compassionate doctor I know, and I feel completely sure and 100% confident when I leave her office that I am seeing a doctor who really cares about me as her patient and the condition of my future health. Even when I have had health problems outside of her expertise, she does not hesitate to offer direction and send me on the right path to resolve my issues.
Found a lump. Couldn't see me for a week. After waiting 1 hr 25 minutes, she confirmed that I had a lump. Dn Friday she didn't take the time to fax or call me in a diagnostic mammogram. Have to wait until Tuesday for her to fax it over before I can make appointment -she's not open mondays . Inconsiderate.
You will never find a more caring physician. Dr. Smith has accurately treated me for years and makes your visit as comfortable as it can be. She will always sit and talk to you before the exam to get to know you or get updates. She doesn't just come in and start with an exam. She has new receptionist is absolutely wonderful and helpful with scheduling appointments. She is a delight to work with. I had to make several reschedules and called to say running a few minutes late and Dr. Smith's staff was so understanding. Dr. Smith should be your GYN doctor of choice because of the excellent care and concern for her patients.
Dr. Smith is a wonderful doctor who makes you feel a part of her family. She takes the time to ask me how I am doing with school and life. She provides am environment that's comfortable and pleasant which extremely helpful since it's no fun going for a gyno appt. I read a review earlier which was false slander and gossip. She performs her surgeries at Augusta Medical instead of RMH because of the quality of the hospital and quality of other doctors she works with. Not because RMH doesn't want her which is actually the opposite. Who wouldn't want an amazing doctor like her around!!!
37 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Reading Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Nina K Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNina Kay Smith Md, 1956 Evelyn Byrd Ave, Harrisonburg, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nina K Smith in this video.
Dr. Nina K Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisonburg, VA.