- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Niraj Jani
Dr. Niraj Jani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lutherville Timonium, MD, with other offices in York, PA and Baltimore, MD (and 1 other location). He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Jani is affiliated with Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore, Northwest Hospital Center and York Hospital. Dr. Jani has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Niraj Jani has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Niraj Jani has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Niraj Jani is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 16
From the first tme we met Dr. Jani, he was very friendly with us, and was straightforward with what was wrong with my husband. He had esophageal cancer. Dr. Jani did several surgeries on David, nclduing inserting stents to helps him swallow and eat, and also several biopsies and upper GI tests. I lost my husband to cancer last year, but am continuing on with him as my gastroenterologist, and have recommended some friends to him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Jani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
Northwest Hospital Center
Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center & Hospital
Saint Agnes Healthcare
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
13 Years Experience
University of Rochester
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Niraj Jani, MD - Internal Medicine in Lutherville Timonium, MD, in this video.
Dr. Niraj Jani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lutherville Timonium, MD.