Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar
Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Olney, MD, with another office in Olney, MDttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Nikhar is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital of Silver Spring, Suburban Hospital and Medstar Montgomery Medical Center. Dr. Nikhar has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar has 2 locations
18111 Prince Philip Dr Ste 124
Olney, MD 20832
Book Online Now
Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar - Posted on May 3rd, 2018
Dr. Nikhar is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. He is thorough and genuinely cares for his patients. There are just some medical teams that seem to not show real interest in helping their patients but Dr. Nikhar is definitely not one of those and truly wants to help you. He is also honest and straight forward. His staff are friendly and professional. They are very nice and always seem they want to work with you and your schedule. Dr. Nikhar does have a wait list and I can definitely see why! Dr. Nikhar was highly referred by my internist and I'm glad I was able to see him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar - Posted on September 15th, 2012
Best of the Best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar - Posted on March 13th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar - Posted on March 7th, 2011
Regional Top Doctors
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Dr. Nikhar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University
Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar, MD - Neurology in Olney, MD, in this video.
Dr. Nirjaleshwar K Nikhar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Olney, MD.