Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nirmal Sathaye has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
Dr. Sathaye has the aura of a concerned angel, deep compassion, and a ready ear. She is calm and caring, offering gentle advice in a healthy give and take. She knew precisely what meds work for me and just the right dosages, always on the conservative side. Simply chatting with her relieves worry and stress.
Stay as clear from this woman as possible, Practice is poorly managed . Other write in's on line capture what a joke it is to get an apt- and inability to reach subsequently in emergencies repeatedly - to only deny getting messages from DR's Multiple calls were not returned to my primary care physician for 2 months. Office staff do not return calls. They did not call me-until I left a message about the website discussions of the practice . It took 3 months to get a visit and was a waste of time. I suspect- it is my assessment that unless she can drug you enough to be a puppet- she will not see you. Unprofessional, and not skilled in dealing with patient in crisis . Very poor attitude If you need full factual accurate info re my experience- also observed by 2 other medical professionals who were involved in care plan, I am more than happy to provide. 1 star is generous
Dr. Sathaye is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Nirmal Sathaye accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInstitute For Rheumatology & Autoimmune Diseases West, 741 Northfield Ave Ste 201, West Orange, NJ
Dr. Nirmal Sathaye is similar to the following 0 Doctors near West Orange, NJ.