More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nirmala V Arora
Dr. Nirmala V Arora, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oak Brook, IL, with another office in Downers Grove, IL. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Arora is affiliated with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Arora has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Nirmala V Arora has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Polyps
- Nasal Allergies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
My family have been patients of Dr. Arora for 26 years. She has always been thorough, up-to-date on treatments and meds, concerned and caring and very professional. Her manner with children in caring for them and helping them realize they are a part of their treatment is excellent. I have recommended her to many friends over the years and all love her. She truly is the best!
The best Allergy and Asthma Doctor in Western Suburbs of Chicago
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015, 2008, 2010, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Arora is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Nirmala V Arora accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nirmala V Arora is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Brook, IL.