Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nirmala S Chelliah has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
I have to disagree with all the other reviews. While there is room for improvement on little things... (i.e. moderninzing office..a bit dated, and more office staff to assist admin side of things). Over all very good experience, Dr. is very thorough, knowledable and ethical. Good Practioner that knows her stuff.
I have gone there many times (3) and have asked the assistance, why is there no hot water in the restroom? After giving my urine, I wanted to wash my hands in warm/hot water, not cold water. The assistance did not want to answer, so she quietly walked away-- so I stopped going. Is there hot water anywhere in the office? I am going to report the Health Dept. They don't let you know the results of your test. You have to constantly phone and still no success. I have only gone for basic things. I had enough of that practice.
Don't give these people your time and money! Husband who answers the phone is very rude, you don't get your calls returned even though he says you will, leaves you on hold for a long time (timed 20 minutes yesterday), and Dr Chelliah actually HUNG UP on me this morning. I don't see how these people stay in business!!!
Dr. Chelliah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Nirmala S Chelliah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEastview Internal Medicine Pc, 3285 Salem Rd, Covington, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nirmala S Chelliah in this video.
Dr. Nirmala S Chelliah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Covington, GA.