Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nirmala R Jetty has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Nirmala R Jetty has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Nirmala R Jetty has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nirmala R Jetty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Jetty was rude and hurried us through the appointment. She did not listen to me or my daughter. She changed med dosages 3 times in a five week period - stopping her cold turkey from some meds. She was extremely quick to judge and diagnose. Seems to have little understanding of teenagers. Should have realized something was wrong when we were able to get an appointment so quickly. We will be changing doctors.
Dr. Jetty's behavior was actually quite surprising to us. She did not do a thorough analysis of our son, but instead heard a few key words, jumped to conclusions and slapped a diagnosis and drastic associated suggested treatment plan that didn't address the actual issues that brought us into the office at all. She was rude, judgmental, and brusque. Our teenage son's first experience with a therapist will unfortunately, be tainted by this poor treatment. Instead of hope that therapy could by a great asset in addressing the issues he's experiencing, Dr. Jetty's behavior pushed my husband and I back a few steps in gaining our son's buy-in to pursue psychological / medical solutions to his troubles. Steer clear of this one - a troubled adolescent/teen needs a supportive advocate that responsibly and compassionately assist them. Dr. Jetty does not fit that bill. We were able to get an appt. super fast with Dr. Jetty, I'm not surprised she's not in high demand and had appointments available so quickly...
20 Years Experience
Government Medical College Mysore
Graduated in 1998
University Of Alabama Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAlabama Psychiatric Services, 956 Montclair Rd Ste 200, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Nirmala R Jetty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.