Have you seen Dr. Nirmala Shanmugam?

To the point. Very good knowledge and very patient with me. Well appreciated.

Very Inefficient Office

I was referred to Dr Shanmugam from Another Gastro Dr that did not do the Procedure he wanted me to have It was swallowing a capsule and preparing the night before drinking liquid and next day swallowing capsule fasting and wearing machine all day First the inefficient office made a mistake in my appointment. Then the office on lake worth the employees Very rude. One the nurses that also worked at Boynton office made fun of me cause I didn’t want to get close to her cause she had a very bad cold They told me 2-3 weeks Well over 3 weeks. I called a few times They said no results. Today I call My drs office that referred me and they Said they had report a few weeks ago This office still haven’t returned my calls This is the worst experience I’ve had at a Drs office. Very inefficient office As far as Dr Shanmugam. I only saw her once. So I have no comment on her I still don’t know my results I would not tell anyone to go to this inefficient office. Dr Shanmugam needs to improve her staff and policies

She's the best gastroenterologist in one visit tell me everything

Excellent Doctor

Dr Nirmala Shanmugam is very professorial. She treats the problem and explains where you understand each move. She answers all questions and she never rushes you out of the office. I feel in good hands with her.

Caring professional

Dr. Shanmugan is very professional and also personable. She is concerned and caring. She spends time explaining things and making you feel comfortable.

Exceptionally competent and caring doctor

She did not make me feel embarrassed with having her examine me. Great bedside manner.

great physician

this is a physician that i have complete faith in. I have been in the medical profession for over 40 years and must admit i am very critical of physicians DR S without a doubt falls into my "best category" i would definitely refer to a friend

Colonoscopy

Was putting off that dreaded colonoscopy test(overdue 6 years), but the doctor throughly explained about the preparation and the test, which decreased my anxiety a great deal. The whole process was a breeze. The staff at the procedure place- one better than the other. I strongly recommend the doctor, her staff and the procedure. Get it done folks if you are of 'that age i.e over 50.

Good experience

Was able to care of my ailemnt when I was extremely sick. 3 other doctors missed the diagnosis, but she found out what was wrong. She returned my calls even when she was not on call. Tried all her resources to get me required medication that my insurance did not cover- I will forever be thankful to her!

This doctor doesn't care about your problem and tries to upsell services! Avoid!

I made an appointment with Dr. Nirmala Shanmugam after having some bad GI pains that persisted for a few weeks. I did plenty of research before going in and requested a blood test to look for certain things. After waiting more than 45 mins to see the doctor, I was met by an impatient and uncaring physician. Dr. Shanmugam said she would order a blood test for me, but really wanted me to perform 3 other lab tests which cost an outrageous amount of money. I refused the other tests. When the bloodwork came back (1 week later), I read it and found that the one test done was not even remotely related to my problem. I was furious. I called the office and they said the reason they didn't test me for the problems I requested was that they felt it would have been better to take a full stomach biopsy. Are you kidding me? Unbelievable! Savages! Stay away from this doctor unless you want to be coerced into unnecessary treatment.

Good doctor.

Really goood. Was very patient with me and worked with me during the difficult times and we finally figured what works for me. Excellent!

Dr. Nirmala Shanmugam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lake Worth, FL.