Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nirmaladevi G Jayanthan
Dr. Nirmaladevi G Jayanthan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Waldorf, MD. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Jayanthan is affiliated with UM Charles Regional Medical Center, Laurel Regional Hospital and MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Nirmaladevi G Jayanthan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 44
I am very pleased with Dr. Jayanthan an her concern and she is always aware of me as a patient and takes the time to follow through. She is pleasant and smiling and treats each patient kindly as if they are special and she acknowledges them by name. Office times vary. I have been to many other appts where you have to wait much longer.
She's sweet as butter just don't question her diagnosis because then her true colors show. In front of me she called her receptionist stupid and they know nothing. She said that I talk to much. I guess question answering from her is out of the question.she has her young children maybe middle school age filing charts, answering the phone to schedule appointments and when I told her I didn't want her children in my charts or scheduling my appointments she got an atitude. When I asked for my blood work results she said your fired and canceled my prescriptions and you will have a very long wait if your not the first patient so if you choose her Goodluck and God bless
I am very satisfied with Dr. Jayanthan. I know that I can always get an appointment within a few days as opposed to other doctors who make you wait weeks or even months. She always asks if I have any questions, and takes time to answer them. Her office has been quick to let me know test results and the ladies who work there are pleasant and helpful. When they say they will call in a prescription, it's at the pharmacy when I arrive. Dr. Jayanthan is very easy to talk to, and so far I am very pleased! I might not care for the dÃ©cor, but I don't go to the doctors for the ambience of the waiting room.
Did not like the way dr jayanthan came into the room and spent no time with me. Never asked me any questions real quick check of the heart how she heard any thing that fast. I dont know. It seemed to be get you in collect the money and get you out. This is really a bad way to take care of people. All I can say is I wont be going back. Wont even look at your chart gave her a name of a med I had problems with. Then turns around and gives it to me again.
Dr. Jayanthan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Nirmaladevi G Jayanthan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBala Healh Care Inc, 3328 Old Washington Rd, Waldorf, MD
Dr. Nirmaladevi G Jayanthan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waldorf, MD.