Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nishendu M Vasavada has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Every time I had interacted with Dr.V it has always been an amazing and informative appointment. He is courteous, respectful, and he always addresses my child in the MOST caring way and on my sins teenage level. We have been going to Dr. V for almost 7 years and I would not consider taking my son to anyone else. As my son has grown older and his Meds have changed it could have been a disaster. The transitions from elementary into Jr. High and high school I thought would be traumatic. Dr. V worked with myself and my child each step of the way and it never required day treatment or inpatient with the traditions as he monitored him and evaluated what was best for us. He saved my sons life and made my whole world a better place by giving me a chance to give my son a chance. I would recommend him highly.
Dr Vasavada is a good dr and is very knowledgeable. I have been going to him for many years.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
46 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Nishendu M Vasavada accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakeside Life Center, 4100 Fairway Dr Ste 200, Carrollton, TX
Dr. Nishendu M Vasavada is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carrollton, TX.