2.9

Neutral

Get a second opinion

I saw this doctor about 10 years ago for thyroid disease. At first she seemed knowledgeable and trusting. As my symptoms progressed and her opinion stayed the same, I was advised by my primary doctor and surgeon to seek another endocrinologist because they felt she wasn’t addressing my problems aggressively. I got another opinion and it turned out my nodules were cancer which she felt I didn’t have.

Communication Problems

I have been a patient of Dr. Blocher for several years, and her office is professional, and her staff is great with details and appointments. However, at this time, I am looking for a new endocrinologist. Although Dr. Blocher is very knowledgeable, she does not know how to make things easier for her patients; in fact, she makes the simplest needs become very difficult. I had asked for a prescription for insulin, test strips, and lancets which I order every three months. Multiple times, she made errors in calculating the daily dosage of insulin, resulting in my receiving the wrong about of insulin, and an 8 page invoice (normally it is one page). I couldn't figure it out to save my life - I just asked CVS Caremark how much I owed, and whatever they told me, I paid it. She causes confusion by adding extra wording to the prescription. For example, she wrote that I test 4 times per day due to hypoglycemia. This is unnecessary info. I test 4 times a day because I am on an insulin pump. And, my insurance will pay for 4 times a day testing - with no question. Therefore, she does not need to write confusing things on the prescription. When I questioned her about it, she said others' peoples insurance restricted them to 3 times per day testing. What does that have to do with my insurance - nothing! My insurance is excellent. Throwing in extra verbiage that is inaccurate only confuses them. She seems to like to make things complicated instead of easy. For a person with diabetes this is a nightmare. We already have enough to deal with. She also wrote confusing options for my upcoming surgery, and did not share the information with me. This caused stress. She likes to label me as a nervous patient! I have legitimate need for medication and clear instruction and communication. For her to label me is defamatory and completely unwarranted. I would like to be treated with respect.

does not return phone calls you wait over a week and you have to call 3 to 4 times to get the return call looking for a different doctor

Great Doctor. Truly cares to understand and diagnose any health concerns

Great Care

Dr. Blocher really took care of my mother and explained what needed to be done to manage her diabetes in a way that made it easier for my mother to accept my support in managing her blood sugar. She listens and clearly responds to the patient and the patients needs.

Dr. Nissa C Blocher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elkins Park, PA.