Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani MD
Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, TX, with another office in Sugar Land, TX. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vachhani is affiliated with West Houston Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani has 2 locations
1601 Main St Ste 401
Richmond, TX 77469
Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani has the following 16 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani - Posted on July 20th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani - Posted on May 17th, 2018
This guy's arrogance astounds me! He treats his patients like they are less than human, beneath him. I had a recent stay in the hospital that could have been a lot shorter but I was waiting around on him to see me. He kept telling the nursing staff that he would be there at a certain time and then wouldn't show up and then they would call him and remind him and then he would say he would show up then but wouldn't. I finally got so sick that they discharged me to refer me to another gi doctor. His word means nothing and he is too full of himself and arrogant to treat people with empathy. I would highly recommend against seeing him!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani - Posted on July 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani - Posted on June 17th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani - Posted on June 8th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vachhani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani
Dr. Vachhani treats all general gastrointestinal and liver diseases, and his special interests are inflammatory bowel disease and liver disease. He is also experienced in endoscopic procedures, including colon cancer screening. Raised in Houston, Dr. Vachhani speaks Spanish, Hindi and Gujarati to better communicate with his patients.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nitesh B Vachhani is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Richmond, TX.