Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nivea R Ribas
Dr. Nivea R Ribas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami Lakes, FL. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Ribas is affiliated with Palm Springs General Hospital, Hialeah Hospital and Healthsouth Sunrise Rehabilitation Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nivea R Ribas has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 34
My Father is a patient and not only is it impossible to get an apointment with her, the front desk staff makes 0 attempt to assist with getting you in for an Emergency situation. My suggestion is stay clear of this physician, locate a group of doctors if possible. If your loved ones require attention this is not the office to come too.
I didn't find anything good about this Dr. She came into the room and didn't even introduce herself. Started poking me and never uttered a word. Walked out after the test was done and didn't even say a word. When I asked the tech if she was always this discourteous with patients his response was :"You only came here for a test". She's very sweet with her regular patients. So, don't get any testing done at her office. Rude and wait was awful.
We arrived at 12:25pm for a 12:30 appointment. We finally saw the doctor 3 hours later. She then proceeded to exam my brother-in-law. This was our first visit. The exam was through, everything from calling our pharmacy to confirm his meds to in-depth physical movement levels, my brother-in-law has Parkinson's. She apologized for the wait time, explaining that her office is converting all the medical records to a new computer program. This is a place for serious people with serious problems, if you want jokes and laughs, try the comedy channel.
Dr. Ribas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1987
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Nivea R Ribas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNivea R Ribas Md Pa, 5801 NW 151st St Ste 206, Miami Lakes, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nivea R Ribas in this video.
Dr. Nivea R Ribas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami Lakes, FL.