Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Noel Estioko
Dr. Noel Estioko, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilkes Barre, PA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Estioko is affiliated with Wilkes-Barre General Hospital, Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center and Kindred Hospital Wyoming Valley. He speaks English.
Dr. Noel Estioko has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 3 of 3
I went to the emergency room at mercy and this Dr. did not spend any time asking questions or speaking to me. He had no eye contact with me was very cold and did not want to be bothered at all. I had a sinus infection and was treated previously the year before and the treatment was excellent. This Dr. is unprofessional I have never been treated like this from any Dr. and he should not be in any emergency room!!! If they treat everyone like this they should not be treating anyone. Stay away from Mercy emergency room in Wilkes barre choose another hospital. And dont be treated by this Dr!!!!!
If you arrive at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital and this is the attending Emergency Room Doctor, please request another doctor to be transferred to another hospital. My mother arrived complaining of hip pain and although we (family members) expressed other concerns, these concerns were dismissed because they didn't see a break on an x-ray. My mother couldn't put weight on her hip to even sit and Dr. Estioko was going to discharge her without further testing with the exception of blood work. My mom was admitted once my father complained and forced them to contact family doctor.
Dr. Estioko is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wilkes-Barre General Hospital
Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
Kindred Hospital Wyoming Valley
Hazleton General Hospital
27 Years Experience
Saint Louis University
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNoel P Estioko MD, 481 N Washington St, Wilkes Barre, PA
Dr. Noel Estioko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilkes Barre, PA.