Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nomi Shaool has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Nomi Shaool has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Nomi Shaool has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I am in Dr. Shaool's care since a couple of years and she has proven numereous (all) times to be the first class family doctor with first class expertise and always giving first class advice. Where other medical institutions had recommeded very expensive treatments she has found the real cause and cured it with a lot less financial effort and what is more important with a better result. And last but not least Dr. Shaool is always accessible and responsive.Liked: Disliked:
I brought my mother to see Dr. Nomi. to our surprise this doctor talked to her and listened to her for a very long time before she even began to examine her. She was so gentle with my mother and so very compassionate too. She was able to diagnose what her problem was after she had seen many other doctors that just said she was depressed. Really she had a bad case of mono but no one would listen to my mom before Dr. Nomi.
Dr. Shaool is the best doctor I have ever been too. It is hard to find good careing doctors around. I am really glad me and my family have her as our doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Shaool is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMcLean Immediate Care, 1340 Old Chain Bridge Rd Ste 101, Mc Lean, VA
Dr. Nomi Shaool is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.