Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Norma L Cavazos-Salas
Dr. Norma L Cavazos-Salas, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Mission, TX. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Cavazos-Salas is affiliated with Mission Regional Medical Center. Dr. Cavazos-Salas has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Norma L Cavazos-Salas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 19
The Doctor is bright, personable and cares very much for her patients. Her knowledge of medicine and diagnostic skills are second to none. She really cares about her patients and people in general. She seems to be very tired which is indicative of her strong work ethic. Her bedside manner is one of empathy,curiosity and caring.She spends as much time as it takes to find out what medical concern is to be addressed, very refreshing from the assembly line treatment I have experienced at other practices. I admire Dr Cavazos greatly for her strength, courage and decency. She has always followed up on my health concerns even after I moved away. God Bless her.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Bridges to Excellence: Hypertension Care Recognition Program
High blood pressure, or hypertension, affects millions of Americans and costs billions of dollars to treat every year. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with hypertension experts to develop measures to assess and reward superior clinician performance. Measures address a broad range of issues affecting patient health and wellness.
Dr. Cavazos-Salas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Norma L Cavazos-Salas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLa Joyas Neighborhood Doctors, 2121 E Griffin Pkwy Ste 6, Mission, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Norma L Cavazos-Salas in this video.
Dr. Norma L Cavazos-Salas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission, TX.