Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Norma M Khoury
Dr. Norma M Khoury, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Khoury is affiliated with Palmetto Health Baptist Medical Center, Providence Hospital Northeast and Kershaw County Medical Center. Dr. Khoury has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Norma M Khoury has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Norma M Khoury has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
Dr. Norma M Khoury has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Thanks to my dad and perfect timing, I was introduced to Dr. Khoury in 2008 at Lexington Medical Ctr's ER after having a week-long heart attack---thus, began a relationship that continues today! One can never say enough of Dr. Khoury---she is prompt, very professional, and very graciously blunt! She is very compassionate and concerned of your health, and is one of few doctors I know who can be blunt with "bad news", but convey in a graceful manner! I just wished that I saw a proctologist to get my head out of my lower GI; otherwise, I wouldn't have needed a 2nd stent that I added to my collection recently! She is backed up by a wonderful staff, and even those across the 2nd floor or on the main floor at the Cath Lab make it a less stressful and comfortable experience! I'm glad that my life---as well as my folks---are in her hands!!! Thanks Doc---from the "lovable" nut!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Khoury is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Norma M Khoury accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Carolina Heart Center PA, 2001 Laurel St, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Norma M Khoury in this video.
Dr. Norma M Khoury is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.