Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Norman F Angell has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Norman F Angell has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Norman F Angell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Complicated Patient with Severe Endometriosis
Self-verified patient of Dr. Norman F Angell - Posted on September 16th, 2009
Dr. Angell is one of those docs that they save for the difficult cases. I have MS, no thyroid after a thyroidectomy and have had a hysterectomy that left one ovary in and they discovered severe endometriosis. The ovary is probably deep seated in my abdomen under adhesions and Dr. Angell is the doctor that I need to get it out. He did not mix words and expressed that the surgery is going to be difficult BUT that I have to pick my poison. I am 44 and in a tremendous amount of pain after trying everything available. Quality of life is worth an honest and seasoned surgeon. Dr. Angell is that surgeon.
36 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Norman F Angell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Norman F Angell
Dr. Angell is Chief of Gynecology at Albany Medical Center. His current clinical interest includes urogynecology (the treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapse). Dr. Angell has 14 years of experience exclusively in gynecologic surgery, including advanced endoscopic, or minimally invasive, procedures. , he has extensive experience in performing a full range of urogynecological procedures. Dr. Angell takes great pride in his role as associate professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Albany Medical College where he is also residency program director. "It is the greatest opportunity to be the preceptor for tomorrows physicians," he says. Not only does he teach residents and students, but he also provides education to his patients. His approach to care involves extensive discussions with his patients, so that he can recommend the optimal treatment plan for each patient.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Norman F Angell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bronx, NY.