Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Norman M Aprill
Dr. Norman M Aprill, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sarasota, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Aprill is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Baptist Health South Florida. Dr. Aprill has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Norman M Aprill has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I've been a patient of Dr. Aprill's since 1992. In the beginning, he was both my primary and gastro doc, but insurance put an end to that...had to be one or the other, not both. So I chose the gastroenterology specialty. I agree with the comment that his skill and disposition (especially the latter) improved with age. He attended to my situations quite well. I also agree with one commenter about the lack of getting to talk to a human at his office, especially in latter years. I never had a problem with prompt callbacks, however. Unfortunately, he is retiring in Feb. '17, and I will have to find another stomach specialist.
Once you get into this office, everything is fine. The staff is friendly and professional. Waiting time is minimal. My biggest gripe is that no human ever answers the phone. You have to wade through a myriad of prompts and selections, leave a message and wait for somebody to call back, which usually happens about five minutes after I leave home.As far as the Dr. Aprill is concerned, he has been practicing gastroenterology forever in this town, and I have been seeing him for nearly twenty years. He is as good as or better than anyone else here in my opinion. Actually, I think has improved with age, both in skill and disposition. I have no problems recommending him to anyone.
Both Dr. Aprill & his PA are thorough and knowledgeable. They don't rush you but are still very efficient.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Aprill is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Norman M Aprill accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorman April MD, 2750 Bahia Vista St Ste 250, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Norman M Aprill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.