Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Norman K Arai
Dr. Norman K Arai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redding, CA, with other offices in Redding, CA and Redding, CA (and 1 other location). He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Arai is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center Merced. He speaks English.
Dr. Norman K Arai has 4 locations
1755 Court St
Redding, CA 96001
2510 Airpark Dr Ste 301
Redding, CA 96001
Book Online Now
Dr. Norman K Arai has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Norman K Arai has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Norman K Arai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Norman K Arai - Posted on September 4th, 2015
why would you see someone else ??
Self-verified patient of Dr. Norman K Arai - Posted on August 21st, 2014
he has been our provider and when my mom came out to live here he took her on. believe me my mom was sick, Alzheimer, internal bleeding and a little lady , but he treated her had no problem talking to me on the phone , getting her in right away or meeting us at the hospital he also assisted when she had to go to a care home due to 24/7 care and hospice called in, couldn't ask for a more hands on dr. and wiling to answer questions . and not beat around the bush . always asked how the whole family was and cared also.. .. .
Self-verified patient of Dr. Norman K Arai - Posted on April 21st, 2013
Horrible Doctor if you have a serious problem or illness
Self-verified patient of Dr. Norman K Arai - Posted on March 19th, 2013
Complacent - does the least he can do to get by and still keep his medical license - doesnt follow up- doesnt review patients files - told my grandmother she had hiatial hernia and to raise the front of her bed up. Kept going back to him with other symptoms ( hard swallowing) etc - he did no tests, no scopes, nothing, 3 years later - finally convinced her to see a Doctor other than her precious Arai she NEVER had a hernia she had esphogial cancer and passed 6 months after the correct diagnosis. I guess thats why he caters to the elderly more often than not, when they die nobody is the wiser to his complaciency
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Arai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Riverside County Regional Medical Center
Dr. Norman K Arai Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Norman K Arai is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Redding, CA.