Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. C Coleman
Dr. C Coleman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Bethesda, MD. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Radiology. Dr. Coleman is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. C Coleman has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Developmental Disorders
- Germ Cell Tumor (Teratocarcinoma)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hodgkin Disease
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Malignant Fibrous Tissue Cancer (Fibrosarcoma)
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Radiation Injuries
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation-Induced Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Coleman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
43 Years Experience
Graduated in 1970
Dr. C Coleman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. C Coleman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.