Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Norman J Dozier has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 71
I sarted seeing Dr Dozier for back pain and he is a wonferful doctor .Very happy and have no more back pain .Then it was my knee and was going to start treatment w/him but because lack of money I saw a doctor here in my hometown which was a biy cheaper ,My biggest mistake because they hurt so bad .I decided to go back to Dr Dozier.The office staff has.been so hateful because I left them ,now they are telling me he says to finish my treatment w/ this othet doctor and he cant see me .Something my insurance but it has paid every penny and it will continueto pay .I think its the staff thats doing this because the doctor himself is a very nice doctor and I dont believe he is saying that .The staff that talked to has been very rude and refuse to even listen to me .I want to get back in with him ,he.is.the only doctor that trust with my pain so I dont know what to do
Unfortunately you go to this doctor when you are in pain. This is something I wish Dr. Dozier's office staff would remember. If you think you are having a bad day because you have to work, think about the poor guy who is in 24/7 pain sitting in your lobby while you are snippy and condescending to him and his family. Maybe you could give your staff some classes on empathy and sympathy. Also it would help if the Doctor actually listened to his patients. Will not recommend this office to anyone especially if they are in pain
Dr. Dozier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Norman J Dozier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorman J Dozier Md Pllc, 2401 N Treadaway Blvd, Abilene, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Norman J Dozier in this video.
Dr. Norman J Dozier is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Abilene, TX.