Dr. Norman Harris Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Norman Harris?

Emotional Abuse

Posted on January 5th, 2017

Hello, folks. I do not doubt this man's competence in the medical arena. However, if you are looking for kindness, sensitivity or a decent bedside manner, go elsewhere. When he asked me the number of births that I had during a routine questioning and the number of living children that I have, I explained that my adult son died of suicide. He shot himself during a bought of severe depression. This doctor not only negated my grief, he called me a whiner and asked what kind of mother would not remember the exact date of her son's death shortly after the suicide. I never returned.

Fair Gyno, TERRIBLE OB

Posted on February 9th, 2016

This man was allright as a gynecologist, he was friendly and brisk, discussed different options with me, etc. I liked him. Then I got pregnant. This man has terrible manners towards pregnant women, he treated me like a uterus that had somehow managed to wonder in for a glance. Barely seemed to have time for the appointment I had waited over an hour (every single time, sometimes longer) for. Heaven forbid I have a question, because he would treat me like a 12 year old who needed to stop pestering him. He changed the due date the nurse gave me, then when i repeated it to him at the next appointment, he reacted in disbelief and informed me "No, you're not THAT far along. When do you think your last period was, again?" Same date, the day before hubby's birthday, hard to forget that luck. So he changed the date back to the exact day his nurse and I had told him the first time. My husband accompanied me to an appointment in which the dr asked him "do you see it?" Regarding the sonogram, my husband said no, and the dr continued as if he had neither asked nor heard the answer to the question, and spent the rest of the apt ignoring my husband. At the next appointment he asked, verbatim, "so. Is the father going to be involved?" Well since he is my husband and has also been here wth me numerous times, I should say so!! His questions were absurd, he ignored actual problems like my high blood pressure (seriously, NO COMMENT, just an air of irritation when the nurse told him I was resting for a few minutes on the bed/table bwfore she took my BP again), to make jokes about how I must have eaten a lot of turkey over Thanksgiving (in regards to a 6 lb weight gain in 3 weeks. Without ever having commented on the 12lbs LOST during the first trimester). The delivery was rushed, only 15 minutes between them breaking my water and my son being out, but this was because he wrestled my child out of me using forceps WITHOUT telling me he was going to do so, which I would have informed him was NOT an option I was okay with. They sent me home with 3rd degree tears and a prescription for tylenol, and my husband had to call and demand something stronger because they told me over the phone "soreness is normal, rest and take some anti-inflammatory" after I nearly fainted when I coughed the day after we went home. Seriously? They had me on morphine (which I didn't have to ask for, they gave it to me based on an assessment of pain) in the hospital and you give me tylenol to take home? No. Just no. Luckily my son is okay. And I will NEVER go back to this man, I'd drive to Lubbock first.

Awesome Doc!

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

Doctor Harris is the best doctor, I have personally ever dealt with, when it comes to listening! I really appreciated his just listening and not telling me I was wrong...like other doctors did. Dr. Harris listened and agreed with the surgery I felt I needed and now 4 weeks later, I feel like a new person that has been given my life back. I am eternally grateful to have come across Dr. Harris and would highly recommend him to others!!!

Awesome Doctor!

Posted on September 25th, 2015

If you are looking for a doctor that will sit quietly and let you talk....Dr. Harris is the doctor for you. Dr. Harris is courteous, polite, very friendly and extremely attentive. I had attempted going to another doctor, before I saw Dr. Harri,s and I did not feel listened to at all! Dr. Harris not only truly listens, he lets you take a part in your own health care. I am extremely happy I was told about Dr. Harris and I would strongly recommend him!!!!!!

best Dr for high risk pregnancy

Posted on September 21st, 2015

Dr Harris cleared up a lot of confusion tx tech had caused about my due date & blood pressure. When I went into delivery, I came across a lot of complications, Dr Harris kept me calm & acted quickly without hesitations to save mine & my babies life. I'm currently pregnant with the Marina still inserted which puts me at a high risk for miscarriage. He has taken all fear of a miscarriage out of my eyes & I know I will be able to hold my bundle of joy soon.

rude rude rude

Posted on July 13th, 2015

I had the implanon placed 3 yrs ago. I remember the doctor being slightly rude and judgmental. The staff at that time was very nice. But at my recent visit the staff was very rude. Especially the lady upfront....she would not admit she was wrong. And never apologized when faced with the truth. I can honestly sat I've never dealt with such a rude and unhappy woman in my life. Never will be going to that clinic again.

Best dr in odessa

Posted on June 24th, 2015

I was 6 weeks when I saw harris and he was the only dr that didn't tell me to let nature run its course I was showing signs of miscarriage he started Me on shots and now my baby is gonna be 2 yrs old. I think he's a great dr yes he is blunt and will tell it how it is he don't beat around the bush! Harris is great!

Excellent Dr. He was alive as of today...

Posted on September 15th, 2014

Dr and staff were friendly. He made jokes to make me feel more comfortable which I loved. His nurse was pleasant too. Staff at the front desk were nice. Dr listened to what I said and didn't make me redo unnecessary tests before his diagnosis. I appreciate that from a Dr. He also asked plenty of questions that were easy to answer. I felt at home there which is a tough thing to feel at an obgyn office.

Posted on January 14th, 2014

I love dr Harris he was my moms doctor to deliver all my brothers and me and now he was my doctor to deliver my girls. He is funny fast and knows what he is doing . He will do anything for his clients he even argued with some nurses in the hospital for my well being

Worst Dr EVER!!

Posted on August 20th, 2013

This man was incredibly rude. You had to wait for 1-2 hours to spend less than 5 minutes with him!! His office staff was rude and uncaring. He would have people lined up, sitting against the WALL because he didnt have enough chairs in his waiting room. He was very mean and cruel hearted when trying to learn about things going on with the pregnancy. We decided to go to a hospital in odessa instead of midland and he threw a fit cause he didn't like that hospital!! He changed the due date 3 times! He is known for wanting to induce babies so it works on his schedule. He tried scheduling us to induce 6 weeks before our due date!!!! during the last month we had to cancel 2 appointments in a row over a matter of 2 weeks and when calling to reschedule he threatened that and I quote! "when that baby dies you are just going to have to look in the mirror because it it all your fault" and screamed at us over the phone!!!!!!! The pregnancy had been healthy and of no complications throughout at all!!!! When labor started we went to the hospital we wanted and used the doctor on call instead of him. Now have a very healthy little girl! DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!! He treats people like cattle... has a TON of people waiting spends 2 minutes with you then gets rid of you! DON"T GO!!!!!

Dr. Norman Harris is Outstanding!

Posted on March 23rd, 2013

Went to Dr. Norman Harris for a tattoo excision and could not be happier! After years of having unsuccessful laser surgery from 3 different clinics with terrible results, I had 2 tattoos removed completely in one visit (including a tribal band which wrapped completely around my arm and had awful hypertrophic burn scars mixed with ink from the laser) with Dr. Harris. I was so pleased with the service that I will be returning to get my remaining tattoos removed as well. Dr. Harris performs procedures that MANY other surgeons do not do and / or shy away from - and he is quite excellent. Extremely friendly, courteous, and superb bedside manner. His office is in a fantastic location. For those who aren't from Roanoke - this is one of the nicest cities I have visited in the USA. Couldn't ask for a better plastic surgeon. Highly recommended!

great