Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Norman J Marcus has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Norman J Marcus has the following 16 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Headache Disorders
- Sports Injuries
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Cancer Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Migraine Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Depressive Disorder
- Acute Pain
Dr. Norman J Marcus has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Norman J Marcus is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I have ehlers-danlos syndrome and was headed for a wheelchair a few months down the line. I had done a number of things over the years: physical therapy, platelet injections, acupuncture and diet change. The physical therapy worked for a while and then it didn't. The platelet injections worked for a while and then they stopped. My knees even failed aqua therapy with a physical therapist who specialized in EDS. I was several months away from living my life in a wheelchair when I flew to New York from the west coast to see Dr. Marcus. After the first treatment, I saw a dramatic Improvement that evening. My right knee was no longer stiff. It cracked less. It was loose, like a normal knee. After 3 weeks of treatments on my knees, I will fly back home and start the strengthening exercises that I could not do before. I intend to go back in a few months to have him finish up the rest of the muscles in my body that need injections. There will be many to treat as ehlers-danlos syndrome causes pain in all or most of the joints. It is my goal not end up in the intense chronic pain that accompanies this condition. With dr. Marcus is help, I know I can achieve this. I cannot recommend him enough. He is a magician.
Dr Marcus is an intelligent and practical Doctor. I saw many doctors but didnt find relief until meeting dr Marcus. Finding the true cause of the pain is where dr Marcus excels. He is also honest about what to expect and how to manage chronic pain. Absolutely worth a consult if you suffer from chronic pain.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
- State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Norman J Marcus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsMarcus Pain Institute, 30 E 40th St Rm 1100, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Norman J Marcus in this video.
Dr. Norman J Marcus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.