Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Norman Johnson
Dr. Norman Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Big Bear Lake, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with St. Mary Medical Center, Desert Regional Medical Center and Bear Valley Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Norman Johnson has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
My first visit with Dr. Johnson went well, but it is almost impossible to see him, He is only at this office a couple of times a month and they don't know until the 1st. Then even if you do schedule an appointment with him don't be surprised if it is cancelled the day of the appointment and they try to schedule you with his assistant. His assistant is not as thorough, he has laughed at my concerns and I am the type that does not go to the Dr. unless I have been suffering symptoms for a long time that have not responded to all my self care. A friend suffered months of pain and repeated visits until she INSISTED on x-rays and they discovered that she had two broken wrists. They don't listen to you, I am looking for a Dr. that genuinely cares about their patients (otherwise why are you in medical care?) and will be pro-active in my care.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary Medical Center
Desert Regional Medical Center
Bear Valley Community Hospital
Desert Valley Hospital
Victor Valley Community Hospital
40 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Norman Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions41949 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA
Dr. Norman Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Big Bear Lake, CA.