Dr. Norman Smith Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Norman Smith?

Office Experience

Posted on November 15th, 2017

Dealing with Dr. Smith's wife is an illness in itself. She handles the disposition of the patients records with little or no regard for timeliness. It has taken her over a month (including her out-of-the country time) to get a 14 page document to my family member. The materials are not on the doctor's office letterhead nor were all of the 14 pages faxed as indicated. The problem with the office is the spouse. Not sure which medical school she graduated, but outside of her "superficial greeting", she is a poor, poor, office manager. I have asked my family members to cease seeing the doctor because of her. No name necessary, unless she does this to everyone.

Caring and competent physicians

Posted on May 9th, 2017

I recently moved to this area and needed a new physician. I found Dr.Smith on the internet. My visit with him was wonderful. He was not only caring and considerate but showed me that he is a very competent physician by taking time to review my past medical history and medications. I am truly impressed with Dr. Smith.

Posted on August 8th, 2016

Dr. Smith and Ms. Smith are true professionals. I wish they could find staff who is just as professional and with more friendly.

No Problem!!!!

Posted on April 9th, 2014

Dr. Smith and his staff have been exceptionally helpful to me and my husband. I've been dealing with a lot of medical issues and Dr. Smith has gone out of his way to diagnose the problem. Every time I go for an appointment, his staff calls me by name and make me feel extremely welcomed. My husband and I have been a patient of his for the last five years and we never had a problem.

Appearances Can Be Misleading

Posted on January 30th, 2014

My confidence in his abilities deteriorated when I was prescribed one med for BP and then before I left his office he came back in and changed it to something else without a reasonable explanation. He was in and out of the exam room like a whirlwind and I could never get he or his office to return my calls when I had a concern. Lastly, he left me without my BP meds for nearly two weeks because I was unable to keep an appointment due to my work schedule even though I called a day before to cancel as required.

WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO CARING DOCTORS

Posted on April 12th, 2013

THIS OFFICE HAS A TERRIBLE FRONT STAFF.... VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.... PLEASE SEND THEM TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASS... THE TALL NURSE HAS A EVIL EYE...

Ms.

Posted on February 5th, 2013

Dr. Smith is a qualified Internal Medicine physician, who in my opinion, is overwhelmed with patient cases. He cannot do everything himself, and his staff has down-right nasty attitudes. They always behave as if they are doing you a favor if you ask anything of them, whether it is a question about your care or just a simple good afternoon. They never pass on messages and they never seem to have copies of your reports sent to them from specialists that you've seen. They balk at calling you with results from your lab work, they claim to never get faxes from your pharmacy when they've been sent. They often call in prescriptions with an incorrect dosage or with incorrect information as to how to take your medicines. I recently left the practice and found out that a condition I had been diagnosed with over two years ago, had not be resolved as I had been led to beieve it was. I am glad that I left because it could have led to more serious health issues later on. I also discovered that I was pre-diabetic and needed to lose weight and change my diet in order not to get diabetes, but I never would have known that if I had not left this practice. I would not recommend this practice to anyone whether I know them or not.

still charge a cancellation fee

Posted on July 23rd, 2012

I called on a friday to cancel an appointment and the office had closed early. left a message with the answering service because the office was closing for the holiday on Monday appointment was that tuesday. I recently went to an appointment and was told about the charge(there is note in my file that I called on friday and that the office had closed early), the receptionist spoke with the doctor and to no avail the charge is still on my account.

Dr Smith's rating

Posted on July 1st, 2011

Very good physician. Personable, and professional. Very good listener, and good healer. Highly recommend

Horrible front desk staff/No follow up with patients

Posted on November 3rd, 2010

I wanted to share my recent experience with Dr. Norman Smith and his unprofessional staff. I visited his office three weeks ago. When I did not receive my lab results back I called the office. The rep who asked the phone acting as if I were asking her to walk cross country to get my chart and read the results. After being placed on hold two times, I was told I had to wait until I receive something in the mail. They were unwilling to read the results to me so I could have some peace of mind. I have yet to hear from the doctor. I have caleld and left messages and no one has returned my call. The staff is not courteous at all. An dto make matters worst, when I called today to get assistance, someone pick up the phone and greeted me with a nasty "Hello". Is this how you are supposed to answer the phone at a place of business? And she proceeded to have a nasty attitude while talking to me. Dr. Smith needs to check his staff. Either complete a clean sweep and fire everyone in the office and hire people who are happy to have a job and willing to do their jobs- assist patients. Needless to say, I will NOT be returning back to Dr. Norman Smith's office in Bowie, MD.

Posted on June 4th, 2009