Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Norman Soskel
Dr. Norman Soskel, MD, FACP, FCCP is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Soskel is affiliated with Methodist University Hospital, Regional Medical Center At Memphis and Baptist Memorial Hospital North Ms. He speaks English.
Dr. Norman Soskel has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Norman Soskel has the following 4 expertise
- Smoking Cessation
Dr. Norman Soskel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
This doctor does nothing but put you down. Told me I was fat and then argued with me like he woke up on the wrong side of bed. Had to have my photo taken too. This is just stupid. I hate this doctor and I will never see his again.. waste of time and he needs to take a look in the mirror before he talks about someone elses appearance.
Dr. Soskel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Methodist University Hospital
Regional Medical Center At Memphis
Baptist Memorial Hospital North Ms
Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County
Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital
Delta Medical Center
Nea Medical Center
Baptist Memorial Restorative Care
Methodist Extended Care Hospital
Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto
Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville
St Francis Hospital
Methodist Fayette Hospital
Methodist South Hospital
Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center
39 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Norman Soskel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
Locations & DirectionsLung Health Center, 6005 Park Ave, Memphis, TN
Dr. Norman Soskel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.