Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Norman J Starr
Norman J Starr is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. His specialties include Anesthesiology. He speaks English.
9500 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44195
Book Online Now
Norman J Starr has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Norman J Starr has the following 2 expertise
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
Norman J Starr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Norman J Starr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Norman J Starr's office for more information.
9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44195
More about Norman J Starr
Norman Starr, MD, was Chairman of the Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, 1988 to 2007, and remains Vice Chairman of the Institute of Anesthesiology at Cleveland Clinic. He is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Starr specializes in cardiothoracic anesthesiology, surgery outcomes research, risk stratification and quality service. Following undergraduate school at Wabash College in Indiana, Dr. Starr received his medical degree from Indiana University. He completed his internship at Latter-Day Saints Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah, and his residency at New York's Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital. His clinical training was followed by a research fellowship from Columbia University Medical Center in New York. Upon completion of his research fellowship, Dr. Starr completed two years of active duty in the U.S. Navy Medical Corps as Chief of the Department of Anesthesiology at the Naval Regional Medical Center in Charleston, S.C., with an academic appointment as Cli
Locations & Directions9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Norman J Starr - Anesthesiology in Cleveland, OH, in this video.
Norman J Starr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.