Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Norman Toth has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Norman Toth has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 2 of 5
I was scared to go to a male doctor but Dr Toth put me at ease and got to the point of the matter. Very though and caring. Dr Toth was right on the money with my DX right at the beginning and was totally out for me. The Dr helped me get what I was entitled to . I am sad to see him go to the VA hospital. This is the 2nd best Dr of Psychiatrist (outside of my own family Dr) that I have seen. Thank you Dr. Toth
I have been seeing psychiatrists for over 6 years now and never followed through with thier recommendations for medicine. I never even went back to the same one more than once. I have been through over 10 doctors so far. DR. TOTH IS THE BEST!!! I knew this when I first sat in with him, he was the first psychiatrist that didnt say "what's wrong" off the bat. He just started out the conversation as if we were hanging out and getting to know one another. Mental health questions didnt even come up for about 30 min into us talking. I know this doctor loves his job and knows EXACTLY what he is doing! VERY THOROUGH EVALUATION, VERY SMART MAN!What he has done for me thus far has changed my life. 5-STAR RATINGS from me!!!
Please contact the office for more information.