Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Norman E Walter has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Norman E Walter has the following 35 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Tennis Elbow
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Disorders
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Diseases
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Dislocation
- Sports Medicine
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Knee Dislocation
- Hip Disorders
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Norman E Walter has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Norman E Walter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
25 years and some months ago, Dr. Walter did my total knee replacement . For several years he tried various things to prolong the inevitable, primarily due to my younger age. Dr. Walter always made me feel comfortable and safe with whatever information and advice he gave me. He always explained what was happening, would happen etc.etc.He always had time for me and to this day I believe in him and his expertise 100% To me he is truly the best orthopedic doctor ever. Oh, I should add, I did have another orthopedic doc who retired that I felt highly of, saw a few others after that before finally meeting zdr. Walter! Don' hesitate, he is the best!
I was referred to Dr. Walter when it became clear that I needed a hip replacement. He put me immediately at ease and explained every possible option in regard to my hip problems. The appointment was not rushed and he answered all of my questions, carefully going over the x-rays with me. By the time I made my decision I knew all of my options and was confident in his understanding of my condition. When I was hospitalized he set up the pain medication to assure that I was as comfortable as possible, even setting up contingency medication with the staff in the event I needed them. He was there in recovery explaining what was done and his follow up was remarkable. I have confidence in his ability and his sense of caring. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to family or friends.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
44 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Mc Laren Regional Medical Ctr
Dr. Norman E Walter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrtho Michigan, 4466 W Bristol Rd, Flint, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Norman E Walter in this video.
Dr. Norman E Walter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flint, MI.