Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nova R Aguila has the following 1 specialty
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Nova R Aguila has the following 9 expertise
- EOL Care
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Nova R Aguila has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Her colleague at Kaiser wrote a very detailed and specific email citing a specific concern. I set up a phone appointment to follow up regarding the initial physical and blood work performed. She called at 242pm and the appointment was at 220pm - which was just outside the 20 mins you are asked to be available so she caught me in the car when she called. I pulled over. I asked her if she was up to speed on the email and my lab work. She said she was and had looked at the email. I asked her what the next step was. She asked me what was the purpose of the call. I said her colleague asked me to follow up with my primary. She said I had to see her first for a physical before she could recommend treatment. I let her know I had gone in for a physical and had been notified that I may need additional tests before seeing her. She then asked me to wait "...Let me look at what Dr Nguyen wrote..." I am sure it was not her intention but she gave me the impression that she was unprepared and did not respect the effort put in by her colleagues. People have bad days - maybe she was slammed with work, maybe not - either way during the back and forth she did not present the best of her profession. She's still my doctor at this point. I hope to be updating this soon with a more complete picture of her (which has got to be better, right?) or the news that I have switched doctors.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Medical Center, 2345 Fair Oaks Blvd, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Nova R Aguila is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.