Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nuzhat A Chalisa has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 8
This doctor was treating me with levothyroxine after running a full thyroid panel that showed I cant convert the medicine into a usable t3. so when I told her that I was experiencing severe symptoms including severe depression, weight-gain , anxiety, and all kinds of other symptoms I didn't experience when I didn't take the medicine . she said my numbers were normal and I needed to seek metal health. refused to budge on any other options even when the tests showed her why I was experiencing the side effects. Thank God I had the sense to seek another doctor who has worked with me to get my numbers really normal and to treat my hashimotos as well. Thyroid sufferers, run away. she dosent know how to treat this disease properly, and dosent believe theres a way to treat hashimotos. now that Im being treated for my diseases properly, suddenly I don't need to seek mental health.
Dr. Chalisa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Nuzhat A Chalisa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChannahon Healthcare Center, 25259 S Reed St, Channahon, IL
Dr. Nuzhat A Chalisa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Channahon, IL.